Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Spirit

Well Hello there Humans.... It's been a long long time since I made a proper post... And this time,it's another improper post... XD...

Recently I went to watch a movie with my dear Dear DEER OLD SISTER and her friends!!! And OMG, I was drop dead bored... They were speaking alien language... I DON'T UNDERSTAND A THING!!! But thats all in the past...

Today I'm bringing you the review on the latest movie that hit the big screen... THE SPIRIT!!!!



Oh yeah... the poster's real heck of an eye candy... Check out this synopsis... (Skip it if you like)

A detective prevents an attempt to release a substance that will leave the citizens of Central City in suspended animation. He is exposed to the goo, which gives him the ability to withstand any beating. He battles crime and a slew of femme fatales.

Yes it's quite a good overview...

The movie was.... uh... really good... I must say it's 1 of the best tear-jerker of the year... It got me crying over my 10 bucks after the show... Really! Tell me,how many shows has made you cry from the start till the end? I know this show did...

GENRE
The genre of this movie is like a Sherlock Holmes film... But the mysteries of the movie are revealed way early in the beginning of the mysteries, so the suspense feature is not fully used to the max...

Script
Scripts.... Ah... HORRIBLE!!! The jokes were really lame and the speeches are weird... I couldn't really get what they are trying say but towards the end of the movie, things start to get clear...

Actor and actress
The Spirit was played by Gabriel Macht...



Black suit, black hat, red tie... This masked vigilante fights for justice in the shadows... Kinda reminds me of the dark knight... Things that differs them both, Spirit loves the ladies, Dark knight flies solo... This guy died twice in the movie, yes, TWICE! They say when a person is near to his death, their life flashes before their eyes... But for the Spirit,in his 2nd death, he sees woman.... I SAW A ROW OF EM'!!!

Well even though the show was not 10 bucks worth, I still enjoy watching Samuel Jackson's acting... He plays the infamous Octopus...



Octopus appears as Spirit's arch nemesis, whoever which have seen before Octopus face will be killed ( As said in the synopsis)... But in the movie many have seen his face and still walks the Earth... Nice synopsis ==

OVERALL

The movie really isn't worth watching due to the ennui it can bring... I'll give it an overall rating of 4 out of 10... I know that StarTwo has already done a review on this movie but that's their opinion on the movie...

No comments: